To empower communities to individually and collectively participate in grass root social interventions
- To build the capacity of the communities through mobilization and sensitization to enable them actively participate in programmes.
- To empower the marginalized and vulnerable groups through functional adult literacy to participate fully as equal partners in development programmes.
- To mobilize the people to initiate micro projects for IGAs.
- To network & coordinate with other government departments and NGOS engaged in different development programmes
Community based services
The Directorate comprises of 7 departments listed below and are headed by 5 officers
- Community Development Department
- Rehabilitation Department (Disability and Elderly)
- Gender Department
- Probation and Social Welfare Department
- Youth Department
- Culture Department
- Labour Department
The vulnerable groups of the population like the elderly, youth, and women contribute 24%, 27%, & 49% to the district population respectively as per population figures.
- Community Development
- Gender & Women
- Probation & Social Welfare
- Rehabilitation & Elderly Affairs
- Children & Youth
- Industrial Relations
- Registration & CBO’s Birth & Deaths